International Pet Travel Services
Moving overseas with an amazing opportunity through work? Or are you going home to reunite with family and friends “back home”? The good news is that your family pets can come too!
As all pet owners know, the family is not complete until everyone is together. Particularly on overseas journeys, pets play an important role in allowing the family to settle into their new location.
Dogtainers can assist with transporting your four legged family member to any destination throughout the world safely and comfortably. We are the only company that guarantees our own process (more on that later).
To us, this is never just another move. We understand that each pet and pet owner comes with their own unique scenario. With Dogtainers, you and your pet will receive:
- An assigneddedicated pet travel consultant in your city*
- Specialist advice regarding the best preparation for your pet’s relocation
- The most direct route available to your destination
- Your pets travel crate to be brought out to your residence so that become acclimatised prior to the journey
- A temperature controlled pet travel van to collect your pet
- In-home crate sizing to ensure pet carriers that offer maximum comfort for the international journey
- For your convenience, an option to customs clear and deliver your cat or dog at your destination**
- Preparation of all local and international travel documents
- Government approved vets on hand to take care of vaccinations, worming and flea treatments, blood tests and health checks
As you can see, we provide more than just the basics.
A couple of other things you might like to know about what we can offer you:
- -We are the only company to offer an international service guarantee. In short, if we do not fulfil our promised level of service in the lead up to your pets move, your pet will travel for free. Read more about this guarantee here.
- -Stay organized with your pet’s move by downloading our pet travel checklist App! This has been designed to help you keep track of and set reminders for the important points in your pet’s international relocation. Download it on IOS and Android.
Some interesting facts about International pet transport
Despite what may feel like something completely foreign, you are not alone.We transport thousands of pets each year right across the our great country
Let’s cut to the chase – is it safe? Yes.We our proud of our animal welfare record.All decisions we make are based around ensuring your pets welfare. A company moving such precious “cargo”would not exist for over 40 years if we were not regarded for our welfare.
What’s it like for the pets.Actually not to dissimilar to what we experience ourselves when we fly. The cabin is pressurised ,the captain sets the temperature to a comfortable 18 degrees and which time the pets are encouraged to sit back and enjoy the flight.
**Dogtainers are members of IPATA (International Pet and Animal Transport Association) which ensures that we have trusted pet travel partners in every part of the world to ensure our Any Animal, Anywhere, Anytime philosophy is maintained with the same high levels of care that we offer.
Contact a Dogtainers pet travel consultant today to find out more about our international pet transport services. We are always happy to answer any queries you may have and will gladly offer our expert advice.
Want to know more? Learn about our Care Code
Dogtainers offices around New Zealand partner up and work with the RSPCA helping to reunite pets with people.
Members of IPATA
We are members of IPATA (International Pet and Animal Transport Association), which ensures that we have trusted travel partners in every country of the world to ensure Any Animal, Anywhere, Anytime philosophy is maintained with the same high levels of care that we offer.