Pet Transport Import Services
Relocating to New Zealand and want to ensure your 4 legged family member doesn’t miss out? Moving home with an extra “furry” family member? Already living in New Zealand and want to bring a prized dog or bitch into the country?
With a long set of protocols to follow to satisfy the New Zealand government importing a pet into New Zealand can be a tricky exercise.Overseas countries are broken down into different categories which determine the pre arrival requirements for pets to entry into New Zealand.In the majority of cases, there is going to be a 3 month minimum wait before the pet can enter New Zealand and be eligible for the 10 days in quarantine.
There are some exceptions to the rule with pets coming from Australia not requiring quarantine and in turn the requirements are equally minimal. This means pets from Australia can enter New Zealand with a minimum of fuss in a short space of time.
Dogtainers are experienced with all facets of importing pets to New Zealand.Our team can offer you a service that takes in looking after the destination requirements only (Import permit application and quarantine reservations) through to a full service from any country abroad.
As part of our Pet import Service we can arrange:
- -Import permit applications
- – Quarantine reservations
- – Advice and schedules for pre-import blood tests and vaccinations
- – Endorsements and vet checks with overseas animal health authorities
- – Overall management of your pets relocation
- – Flights into New Zealand
- – Collection from Quarantine and delivery to your residence- (10 days of quarantine )
A premium service that covers more than the basics. We have a range of options designed to ensure your pet is in the safest of hands, and that you as the pet owner are feeling as reassured as possible throughout the entire process.
– Like to be organised? So do we. To help you, we have designed a pet travel checklist App that helps to you keep track of and set reminders for the important points in your pets international relocation. Download it on IOS and Android.
Despite what may feel like something completely foreign, you are not alone.We transport hundreds of pets each year into New Zealand. Get in touch with our team.
Want to know more? Learn about our Care Code
Dogtainers offices around Australia partner up and work with the RSPCA helping to reunite pets with people.
Members of IPATA
We are members of IPATA (International Pet and Animal Transport Association), which ensures that we have trusted travel partners in every country of the world to ensure Any Animal, Anywhere, Anytime philosophy is maintained with the same high levels of care that we offer.